Fake News: A New Health Hazard
2020 is looking to go down in history as the year of FAKE NEWS.
We’re awash in information but never before have so many people been so confused as to what to believe.
According to Google Trends, the number of people in the US searching for the term ‘media bias’ is up nearly 400% on this time 4 years ago.
It always spikes around election time.
Which got me thinking about a report I read recently that baked bread may be a health hazard.
I know what you are thinking. Nutritional advice changes all the time. But when I read the reasoning behind the argument, it got me to think differently about bread.
Decide for yourself.
Here’s what the book said:
“Research shows that...
• More than 98 percent of convicted felons are bread eaters.
• Fully half of all children who grow up in bread-consuming households score below average on standardized tests.
• In the 18th century, when virtually all bread was baked in the home, the average life expectancy was less than 50 years; infant mortality rates were unacceptably high; many women died in childbirth; and diseases such as typhoid, yellow fever, and influenza ravaged whole nations.
• More than 90 percent of violent crimes are committed within 24 hours of eating bread.
• Bread is made from a substance called “dough.” It has been proven that as little as one pound of dough can be used to suffocate a mouse. The average person eats more bread than that in one month!
• Primitive tribal societies that have no bread exhibit a low occurrence of cancer, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, and osteoporosis.
• Bread has been proven to be addictive. Subjects deprived of bread and given only water actually begged for bread after only two days.
• Bread is often a "gateway" food item, leading the user to harder items such as butter, jelly, peanut butter, and even cold cuts.
• Bread has been proven to absorb water. Since the human body is more than 90 percent water, it follows that eating bread could lead to your body being taken over by this absorptive food product, turning you into a soggy, gooey, bread-pudding person.
• Newborn babies can choke on bread.
• Bread is baked at temperatures as high as 400 degrees Fahrenheit! That kind of heat can kill an adult in less than one minute.
And, most significant of all... ...most bread eaters are utterly unable to distinguish between significant scientific fact and meaningless statistical correlation!”
OK, so this funny story is made up!
It’s from a great book on how to think more clearly and solve complex problems -- a skill few people ever learn.
I shared this story because it highlights an important point.
There’s a lot of information in the media right now that if you absorb passively without any critical thought may result in all kinds of weird connections being made that have no basis in reality.
We live in a world where people are bombarded with ‘facts’ that are little more than assertions wrapped up in a pleasing story…
The brain can easily be led to form conclusions that have no basis in actuality.
To create a signal from noise.
And those fake signals can have a big impact on people’s behaviours and choices.
The story above highlights an important point:
Don’t confuse correlation with causation!
Lots of people are telling people ‘bread stories’ right now.
Thankfully you can learn how to think better by using this FREE training on your own thought process.
Try it out for yourself.
Use it when you watch the News, read a book or talk with friends.
Suddenly you’ll start to see ‘bread stories’ everywhere…
Share this article:
Everyone has something they’d like to change in their life. I’m here to help you transform the behaviours that get in your way so you can have the life you really want.
GOT A BURNING QUESTION?
Got a burning question you'd like me to answer in an upcoming article?
More On NLP Times
Everyone faces challenges. NLP provides many tools that can help. Regardless of which processes you use, there are 5 things you always want to do when using NLP...
NLP or Neuro-Linguistic Programming is the study of excellence. NLP has been used by millions of people all over the world.
What's the most important time of any training? Before you arrive? First day? The 'breakout exercises'? Find out here.
Would you like to
receive free training
videos about NLP?
Taught by experts.
Enter your email below to receive instant access, entirely free!
Would You Like To Receive
Free Training Videos About NLP?
Taught By Experts.
Enter your name and email below,